Adverts

• Index
  •  » TBGs
  •  » or-plate racing last year

#1 2016-08-03 09:38:39

miao1234
Merchants

or-plate racing last year

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Construction workers returned Monday to the stadium that will host the opening match of the World Cup, five days after an accident killed two workers and renewed questions about Brazils readiness to hold the soccer tournament. Small groups of stonemasons, metal workers and others trickled into the Itaquerao Stadium in Sao Paulo, expressing determination to finish work ahead of the World Cup opener on June 12. "We are all Brazilians and Brazilians never quit. Were going to get our work done and the first game of the World Cup will be held here," said 26-year-old metalworker Americo Barbosa. Construction company Odebrecht suspended work on the site after a crane collapsed on Wednesday as it was hoisting a 500-ton piece of roofing, killing two workers. The cause of the accident was not yet known, but investigators said they were considering human error, a problem with the crane and the possibility that rain-sodden ground had shifted under the weight. While the area where the accident occurred remained off-limits, authorities gave the green light for the sites 1,350 workers to resume work on most of the stadium. However, the Labor Ministry has frozen use of the sites nine other cranes until Odebrecht shows adequate safety measures are in place. Ahead of the resumption of work, more than 100 workers gathered early Monday for a prayer honouring the two victims. Brazils preparations for the World Cup and the 2016 Olympics have been plagued by delays, cost overruns and constant pressure to move faster. Officials from world footballs governing body, FIFA, have publically scolded Brazilian officials over the problems, and a series of spats have occasionally flared up between the two sides. Six of 12 World Cup stadiums were delivered for the Confederations Cup, a World Cup run-through, earlier this year, and FIFA is pressing for the six others to be delivered by the end of December. Although Wednesdays accident did minimal damage to the Itaquerao, which officials had said was 94 per cent finished before the accident, its widely assumed the stadium will not meet that deadline. Resumption of work on the stadium, which is also known as Arena Corinthians, came as FIFA officials began to gather in the coastal Brazilian state of Bahia ahead of Fridays World Cup draw. Air Max 90 Essential red .ca. Kerry, With just over a second left in the game, the L.A. Kings puck got behind Henrik Lundqvist. Derek Stepan got in, swatting the puck back under Lundqvist with his glove. Nike Roshe One Print UK . The result left Betis nine points from safety with 10 rounds to play. Elche edged four points clear of the relegation zone with its sixth straight home game without a loss. http://www.airmax2017.uk/air-max-90-essential.html . After five trips to the championship series in eight years, it would make sense if he had a been-there, done-that attitude when stepping onto the sports biggest stage. Nike Air Max 90 Womens Dark Grey .com) - Dirk Nowitzki poured in season high-tying 30 points with five rebounds to lead the Dallas Mavericks in a 112-107 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday. Nike Roshe One Print Orange . Stepanek retired from his Australian Opens first-round match against Blaz Kavcic in the fourth set. Thursdays draw also pits Australian Open semifinalist Tomas Berdych against Igor Sijsling. Berdych and Stepanek teamed up to beat Spain in the 2012 final and did the same to defeat Serbia in November to retain the title.DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The pack is back. And so is the Big One. Kyle Busch edged Tony Stewart in a thrilling finish to the first race of 2012, using a sling-shot pass Saturday night on the last lap of the exhibition Budweiser Shootout to beat the defending NASCAR champion to the checkered flag. It gave Busch a victory in a wild race that included two incredible saves by the eventual winner to stay in contention in the 75-lap sprint around Daytona International Speedway. "I dont know how many times I spun out, but I didnt spin out, you know?" smiled Busch, who gave Toyota its first Shootout victory. The event was a preview of next weekends season-opening Daytona 500, and showed that NASCAR has successfully broken up the two-car tandem racing that dominated restrictor-plate racing last year. Fans were overwhelmingly opposed to that style of racing -- NASCAR said earlier this month surveys showed over 80 per cent of those polled hated the tandem -- and the sanctioning body worked hard through the off-season to develop a rules package that would separate the cars. It was obvious at the start that the new rules worked as the drivers were lumped into a big pack and raced two-and-three wide for almost the entire race. Although it led to two big accidents -- including an accident that sent Jeff Gordon skidding on his roof for what he said was the first time in his career -- the drivers were nearly unanimous in their approval of the racing. "I actually had fun racing at Daytona again, which I havent had for a while," said Stewart, who was beat by .013 seconds -- the blink of an eye -- to the finiish line.dddddddddddd "I dont know what the consensus is from everybody else, but I had more fun as a driver tonight than what weve had in the past." Dale Earnhardt Jr., a strong critic of the tandem racing, also was thrilled with the new product despite having his night ruined in one of the many accidents. "I like this kind of racing better. At least I know what to expect," he said. "And I feel like Ive got a better chance with this style than I did last year." The first multi-car accident was a mere nine laps into the race, and began when David Ragan nudged Paul Menard to trigger the nine-car pileup. A later wreck with two laps remaining sent Gordon sliding on his roof for roughly 1,000 feet. The four-time NASCAR champion ultimately climbed out the window with his car still upside down, but, like Earnhardt, praised the racing. "Its pretty wild and crazy, but I liked this better than what we had last year. Definitely," he said. Gordons accident began when he ran into the back of Busch, who used his second save of the night to avoid the accident. An earlier save left fellow competitors in awe. "There arent many people, ever, who could have done that," said three-time champion Stewart, who was behind Busch on the first save. Busch shrugged off his saves in Victory Lane. "Stab and steer -- thats what you do -- and some braking. There were brakes involved too," Busch smiled. Of his pass of Stewart, Busch said hed learned from previous mistakes. "Ive seen the move done before, it was my turn to do it this time," he said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

2016-08-03 09:38:39

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » TBGs
  •  » or-plate racing last year

Adverts

Board footer