Something For Everyone

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

#1 2016-11-29 08:50:34

cherry452
Knights

That fact was reinforced

MIAMI -- Canadas Milos Raonic defeated Spains Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-2 on Monday to reach the fourth round of the Sony Open for the first time in his career. For the last two years, Raonic had stalled at the third-round stage at Crandon Park. He withdrew last year due to strep throat and suffered an injury the year before. Raonic, the No. 12 seed, needed just 56 minutes to complete the victory. He fired 10 aces and had service breaks on four of eight chances. The Canadian produced 26 winners and lost just five points on his serve in the match. "It was a good way to start the day with a quick win and an early match," Raonic said. The Canadian blew through the opening set in 25 minutes and took only slightly longer to secure the second. Raonic broke for a 2-1 lead in the second set and didnt look back. He said he was particularly pleased with his service game and felt he had made strides since his win over the 55th-ranked Spaniard in Davis Cup play last year. "Ive improved in general on second serve," Raonic said. "That allows me to better take advantage of my opportunities." Raonic, who did not face a break point, will next play Germanys Benjamin Becker. "Its going to be tough no matter who I play," he said. "I always know the opponents can play well. But its up to me to do what I need to do to win. "My good serving gives me confidence, it makes my days a lot easier." The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., played with a sleeve on his right arm for the second straight match. "I was using a lotion and it didnt react well to the sun," he said. "The sleeve is just for protection, thats all." In doubles play, the sixth-seeded duo of Torontos Daniel Nestor and Serbias Nenad Zimonjic were to play Robin Haase of the Netherlands and Britains Jonathan Marray later in the day. James Harden Team USA Jersey . He was 40. Firefighters were called about 11 a.m. Friday because Brown was unresponsive at his home near the Inner Harbor, fire spokesman Battalion Chief Kevin Cartwright said. He said Brown was dead when firefighters arrived. Tracy McGrady Team USA Jersey .com) - Sergio Agueros 63rd-minute goal was enough to lift Manchester City to a 1-0 win over 10-man Manchester United on Sunday at the Etihad Stadium. http://www.teamusaolympicsshop.com/Olym … sa-Jersey/ . In the opener of the World Group first-round series, world No. 18 Kei Nishikori defeated Peter Polansky of Thornhill, Ont. Anthony Davis Team USA Jersey .Brothers B.J. and Justin Upton each homered and had an outfield assist, and the Braves held on for a 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night. Tracy McGrady USA Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard.Golf is big business in Canada. That fact was reinforced, yet again, on Tuesday when the National Allied Golf Association released an economic impact study for the sport. The report, compiled by the Strategic Networks Group, showed that golf is worth $14.3 billion to the Canadian GDP, up from $11.3 billion ($12.2 billion, when adjusted to the consumer price index) in the last study done in 2009. Among the other findings in the report: • 300,100 direct, indirect and induced jobs (342,000 in 2009)• $8.3 billion in household income ($8.0 billion in 2009) • $1.4 billion in property and other indirect taxes ($1.3 billion in 2009)• $2.2 billion in income taxes ($2.6 billion in 2009) In the middle of the other notable findings was the charity aspect with golf raising $533 million for charitable causes. And golf tourism remains big in Canada with a value of $4.6 billion for Canadians traveling at home and abroad and foreigners spending another $1.6 billion. Not all the news was good, however. The study also showed a loss of 10 million rounds annually, from 70 million in 2009 to 60 million in 2014, although the revenues remain the same, and there were roughly 40,000 fewer jobs created by the golf industry with approximately 300,000 in 2014.ddddddddddddGolf Canada also tweeted out that the average cost of a green fee in Canada is $42. Now the question is how will the industry use this information? One of the biggest pushes has been to lobby government for fairness in the tax code where rounds at golf courses can not be written off as a business expense as would hockey tickets or dinners. Armed with the latest study, leaders of the various golf associations that make up NAGA were in Ottawa to press the government for changes. But to limit the push to just tax code alterations would be to sell the game short. The industry also needs to push the awareness of the game as a significant business, one thats bigger than many to which Ottawa gives benefits. It needs to push for awareness among its players too, especially as the game gets negative headlines for the drop in participation. A study such as the one just released will go a long way to showing that. Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

2016-11-29 08:50:34

AdBot
Advertisements

Adverts

Board footer