Adverts

• Index
  •  » JavaScript
  •  » SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. -- Jared McCann scored four times and Sergey To

#1 2016-09-17 13:27:12

ying1993
Prince

SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. -- Jared McCann scored four times and Sergey To

SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. -- Jared McCann scored four times and Sergey Tolchinksi had one goal and three assists as the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds crushed the visiting Sudbury Wolves 10-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League play. Both sophomores set career-highs against Sudbury. McCann came into the contest not having scored more than twice in a game, doing it three times in his rookie season, while Tolchinkys four points bested his previous high of three, which came last season against the Mississauga Steelheads. Tyler Gaudet scored once and set up two more for the Greyhounds (1-0-0) while Dylan Staples, Jorgen Karterud, Brandon Hughes and Michael Bunting each added a goal. Patrick Watling, Andrew Fritsch and Trent Mallette chipped in two assists apiece for Sault Ste. Marie. Dominik Kubalik, Nicholas Baptiste and Nathan Pancel supplied the offence for the Wolves (0-1-0). Matt Murray made 29 saves for the win as Franky Palazzese picked up the loss after allowing eight goals against on 28 shots through 40 minutes of action. Troy Timpano replaced Palazzese to start the third period and stopped 2-of-4 shots in relief. Sault Ste. Marie went 2 for 3 on the power play while Sudbury failed to score on three chances with the man advantage. Battalion 4 Bulls 1 BELLEVILLE, Ont. -- Vincent Praplan scored once and set up two more as North Bay downed the Bulls. Alex Henriksson, Mike Amadio and Jamie Lewis also scored for the Battalion (1-1-0) as Brendan ONeill made 34 saves for the victory. David Tomasek had a power-play goal for Belleville (0-2-0) while Charlie Graham turned aside 35-of-39 shots in the loss. Otters 2 Whalers 1 PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- Connor Brown scored the winner on the power play midway through the third period as Erie edged the Whalers. Dane Fox also scored for the Otters (1-0-1) while Oscar Dansk turned aside 29 shots. Connor Chatham scored with the man advantage for Plymouth (0-2-0) while Alex Nedeljkovic turned away 35 shots in a losing cause. Petes 4 Attack 3 (SO) OWEN SOUND, Ont. -- Jonatan Tanus scored the lone goal of the shootout to lift Peterborough over the Attack. Michael Giugovaz made 37 saves through 65 minutes and another three in the shootout to get the win for the Petes (1-1-0) while Eric Cornel had a goal and an assist. Anthony Stefano and Stephen Nosad also scored for Peterborough. Jaden Lindo led the Owen Sound (1-0-1) offence with a goal and two assists as Gemel Smith and Holden Cooke added single goals. Brandon Hope made 24 saves in defeat. Rickey Jackson Saints Jersey . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Stephone Anthony Jersey . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. http://www.thenflsaintsonline.com/Youth … te-Jersey/ . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Josh Hill Saints Jersey . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Austin Johnson Saints Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park.NEW YORK -- Grant Balfour was angry. He had just given up a broken-bat single to Brett Gardner and thrown a wild pitch to Robinson Cano, moving the potential tying run to second base with two outs in the ninth inning. Oakland manager Bob Melvin called for an intentional walk. "I dont make the decisions. He felt that that was the decision to make. Thats not really for me to answer on this stuff," the Athletics closer said. Up came Vernon Wells, 6 for 12 with two homers and two doubles against Balfour in his career. Balfour fell behind 2-1 in the count, got two foul balls, then got Wells to swing over a 92 mph fastball, saving Oaklands 5-4 win over the New York Yankees on Sunday. "I guess I got lucky today facing Wells then, with the history," Balfour said. Andy Pettitte had his second straight shaky outing for New York, allowing Luke Montzs solo home in the fourth -- his first in 4 1-2 years -- and Yoenis Cespedes two-run homer in the fifth. After the Yankees rallied in the sixth against Jerry Blevins to tie the score 4-4, Josh Donaldson homered into the left-field second deck in the eighth off Boone Logan (2-2). Balfour retired Chris Nelson on a lineout to right and struck out pinch-hitter Brennan Boesch before Gardners hit. Cano, 4 for 12 against Balfour, took a called strike before the reliever bounced a curveball, which nicked the wrist of catcher Derek Norris, temporarily creating some numbness. Melvin didnt hesitate to call for the walk. "Trust me, I know its 6 for 12 and two homers sitting right behind him," he said, "but in this ballpark and the way Cano is swinging, it was a better option for me." Balfour got his fifth save and his 23rd in a row in a streak that began on May 5 last year. He would have rather ended the game by retiring Cano, who leads the Yankees with eight home runs. "I was fired up. I want to face him. I want to get him out," Balfour said. "It was a 1-1 count. I felt good about it. Like I said, it was Bobs decision to make." Sean Doolittle (2-0) pitched a perfect seventh, and Ryan Cook got out of a two-on, one-out jam in the eighth by striking out Jayson Nix and retiring Lyle Overbay on a flyout to deep centre. Oakland has won seven of its last 10 games against the Yankees. "Ive been through so many unnerving ninths, either here or in the other ballpark, that I know you literally have to play 27 outs and three striikes on the last out to get a win here," Melvin said.dddddddddddd New York, missing five regular starters who are on the disabled list, lost for just the third time on its 10-game homestand. "We had chances in the eighth and the ninth," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I assumed we might get it done." Oakland went ahead in the third on Canos throwing error at second, then he tied it with an RBI single in the bottom half. Montz, called up from the minors after Coco Crisp and Chris Young were injured in Tuesdays 19-inning win against the Los Angeles Angels, homered leading off the fourth. It was just his second big league homer and first since Sept. 28, 2008, for Washington. "2008 seems like a long time ago. It felt like my first one again today," he said. "Being at Yankee Stadium against Pettitte, made it that much more impressive. Big game, big win." Cespedes homered into the visiting bullpen in left for a 4-1 lead in the fifth. After he crossed the plate and exchanged high-fives with teammates, he waved to his mother, Estela Milanes, who was sitting behind the third-base dugout. The Cuban defector was reunited with his family members earlier this year. New York tied the score in the sixth, when Oakland starter Dan Straily allowed Canos leadoff single and a one-out walk to Travis Hafner. While Straily had thrown just 85 pitches, Melvin brought in left-hander Jerry Blevins to face Ichiro Suzuki, 6 for 16 off him coming in. "I was a bit shocked," said Straily, who respected Melvins decision. Suzuki reached out to hook an RBI double to right and Nix struck out, but Overbay fouled off three two-strike pitches and singled softly to centre, driving in two runs. "I just didnt want him out there and a couple more guys get on," Melvin said. "Blevins has been so good for us in those situations." NOTES: Josh Reddick had been 0 for 33 at new Yankee Stadium before doubling to lead off the ninth. ... Oakland is 13-4 when Cespedes starts, 5-10 when he doesnt. He has two homers and nine RBIs since coming off the DL on April 28. "Even when hes not swinging well, he makes everybody in the lineup better," Melvin said. "You know youre more apt to pass the baton and not feel like you have to be the guy to knock in runs and be the guy." ... The As won their season series at Yankee Stadium for the first time since 2007. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

2016-09-17 13:27:12

AdBot
Advertisements
  • Index
  •  » JavaScript
  •  » SAULT STE. MARIE, Ont. -- Jared McCann scored four times and Sergey To

Adverts

Board footer